Tuesday, November 6, 2012

November 6, 2012

Our Last Few Days

  It's really crazy to think that in probably less than a week it will no longer be just the two of us like it has been for the past 8 years.  I have such a range of emotions as we spend our last few nights together in the quiet of our house with just us and our four legged children.  It's such a bittersweet moment. We're excited as we anxiously await Holt's arrival, yet we know it will never be the same and our lives will forever change.
  The past few weeks it has really hit me.  I guess pregnancy hormones have officially taken over and I can cry at the drop of a hat at the thought of what's about to happen. I look back at the past 8 years together and think about everything we have done and it makes me wonder how we have done it all.  We have been fortunate to travel to numerous places, including NYC at Christmas time, which was a dream come true for me.  We have been to a World Series Game, we have ran a half marathon together, we have both furthered our education, I'm still in the process of completing that goal. We bought our first home together, we have been through the loss of my grandfather, we have rescued dogs, we have both been there for each other when the other needed a pick me up, the list goes on....
  I have always known how lucky Dan and I are to have the type of relationship that we have, but I think bringing a child into the world together makes me realize it even more.  This little human being is half him and half me, now that's a crazy thought!  There are certain things that as moms we probably all pray that our children get from their dad and I know I have my list.  Physically, I hope he gets Dan's clear blue eyes, long chiseled facial structure, is tall in stature, and of course, his athletic ability to be good at just about any sport he attempts.  Emotionally, I hope he gets his dry sense of humor, one thing that made me fall in love with him, his selflessness in which he serves others, his sensitivity to others, especially me, and they way in which he respects others.  Mentally, I hope he is analytical like his dad and has the ability and drive to excel.  Most of all, I hope he is passionate like Dan.  I admire that and I think so many people, including myself, struggle to find their passion in life.
  God is so amazing in how he designed the human body to support another human being.  We are constantly amazed when we watch my stomach move from the inside out.  If the amount of movement inside determines the activity level outside, I think we're in trouble.  He is such an active baby!
  One thing I know for sure, we are a team in everything we do in our marriage and this adventure will not be any different.  Thank you God for all the blessings that you have given me and I am forever grateful.





No comments:

Post a Comment