Monday, October 14, 2013

Monday October 14, 2013

  Last week was an eventful week for us.  We had our first visitors, which was much needed and Dan and I had our first date night in what seemed like forever, which was also much needed!
  My mom and Aunt Charlotte came down last Tuesday to see us, or mainly see Mr. Holt and visit my Great Aunt Mary that lives here also.  It was so good to see some familiar faces, every now and then I get a little homesick for my friends and family.  Holt and I met up with them about 11 that morning, met Dan for lunch and then did some shopping.  My mom is working on their master bedroom so my aunt and I helped her pick out some new lamps that would go with her bedding.  I took her to one of my favorite stores, Home Goods, and of course she had a good selection and found some that will work with her new decor.  After a day of shopping, Holt finally fell asleep in the car for a short snooze.  We drove around a little, went for a Sonic drink and just chatted until the little man woke up.  He was a trooper, he went all day on about a 40 min nap and was in a good mood, that's kind of a rare thing!  They left that evening about 5:30 and I was sad to see them go, but Holt's birthday is in a month so I know I will see them then.  Thank you guys for coming down!



It has been a while since we've had a date night so we were thrilled when we were able to find a babysitter and go explore the city a little.  It was Kyle, a friend of Dan's, birthday last week, so a group of friends were getting together to celebrate.  We went to a restaurant called the Yucatan Taco Stand, which was wonderful, down on Magnolia.  Apparently the Magnolia area is the hippie area which was super laid back and chill, so it was perfect for me! The food was great, the atmosphere was great and there was a guy playing the guitar and singing during happy hour.  Once we finished up dinner we went to a concert that the city of Fort Worth puts on every first Friday of the Month during certain months.  It's an outdoor area that's family and dog friendly.  There were three bands, all of which were local, and they all did a great job.  We had such a good time and I'm sure we will go again next year since this was the last concert until the spring.



No comments:

Post a Comment